Purchaser's Statutory Rights
The warranty terms set out below are in addition to any conditions or warranties which may be implied by law and your attention is drawn to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law as provided by Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 which confers rights upon consumers. This warranty supplements those rights. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Roland DG:
- limits its liability for any breach of any condition or warranty that cannot be excluded by law to the repair or replacement of the products, the supply of equivalent products, or the payment of the cost of repairing or replacing the products or of acquiring equivalent products ; and
- excludes all warranties, conditions or liability other than those implied by law or expressly provided for in this warranty.
Standard Express Warranty (1 Year Parts & Labour)
Roland DG Australia Pty Ltd ("Roland DG") products are warranted to the original purchaser only to be free of fault in both workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of the authorised dealers invoice, provided that;
- The product is correctly installed and used under normal operating conditions for which the product was intended as detailed in the user manual;
- The online product registration form is completed and uploaded/returned to Roland DG within 30 days of purchase to validate the additional warranty granted by the extended warranty referred to below;
- All warranty claims must be received by an authorised Roland DG Dealer and then approved by Roland DG;
- Subject to the 'Warranty Void' conditions as set out below and written notification being given to Roland DG, warranty is transferable if a product changes owners during the warranty period; and
- Onsite service is within metropolitan boundaries as defined by Roland DG in Appendix 1. Service outside these areas will be charged at the standard rates (which are subject to change without notice) as listed under Standard Rates below.
- The initial 6-month preventative maintenance (service) must be logged and performed within 30 days of the service due date and may only be extended exclusively by Roland DG. It is the responsibility of the customer to contact Roland DG Australia to book this service. This can be done by calling (02) 9975 0000, or via the online form here https://www.rolanddg.com.au/support/customer-support-form
Extended 5 Year and 3 Year Warranty - Parts only
To obtain an extended 3 or 5 year warranty for Roland DG products (ie. 2 or 4 years in addition to the standard 12 month warranty mentioned above), a purchaser must ensure that any product covered by the initial 12 month warranty is serviced regularly and in accordance with the product maintenance booklets and Product User Manuals by authorised Roland DG Service personnel.
The extended warranty is available only to products and parts as published in the Extended Warranty Product List, excluding listed consumables and spare parts failure attributable to "wear and tear".
All extended warranty claims must be received by an authorised Roland DG Dealer and then approved by Roland DG.View Extended Warranty Products List
Subject to the 'Warranty Void' conditions as set out below and written notification being given to Roland DG, warranty is transferable if a product changes owners during the warranty period.
Roland DG's warranty will not apply in the following circumstances:
- If any of Roland DG's maintenance requirements are not strictly and regularly implemented, as described in the product maintenance booklets and/or Product User Manuals.
- If any attempt is made to repair the product by non Authorised Roland DG Service Personnel without written authority by Roland DG.
- If any products are not "Roland DG Approved" and such third party consumables cause damage, fault or failure.
- If any products are Roland DG branded products but are purchased otherwise than from an authorised Roland DG Dealer in Australia or New Zealand and such third party consumables cause damage, fault or failure to operate as normal.
- If any defect is attributable to accident, abuse negligence or relocation not caused by Roland DG or its authorised agents.
- Where the product is used for any application for which it was not originally installed or specified.
- Where the product and/or spare parts are outside of the lifecycle as defined by Roland DG.
The Warranty does not cover:
- Charges related to the removal or relocation of a machine.
- Travel outside the metropolitan boundaries as defined by Roland DG in Appendix 1.
Any consequential loss, economic loss or loss of profit howsoever arising including but not restricted to any print losses, loss of profit and cleaning costs.
- Any loss, injury or damage attributable to any fault in workmanship or material in the product beyond making good by replacement of such product or making good any defects.
- Standard call-out fee is $300.00 + GST (this includes 1 hour labour and 1 hour travel);
- Additional travel is charged at $150.00 + GST per hour;
- Additional service/repair time is charged at $150.00 + GST per hour (or part thereof in 15 minute segments; i.e. 15 minutes will be charged at $37.50 + GST, or 30 minutes at $75.00 + GST).
In-House rate: $120.00 + GST per hour
Training: Standard charge is at $150.00 + GST per hour (Cheque or other forms of payment must be made at the time of the service/repair/training is performed).