TR Ink Conversion
Three Important Notes on the Upgrade
- Be sure to note the following when changing from TR ink to TR2 ink.
- Output results with TR2 ink will be different from that with TR ink.
- TR ink and TR2 ink cannot be used together.
- Ink configuration (VG - CMYKCMYK, CMYKLcLmLk, CMYKLcLmLkWh. SG - CMYK) cannot be changed. Only the same ink configuration that you are currently using is supported.
- The printing speed of VG/SG series combined with new TR2 ink is changed.
- Please be sure to check details.
Printing mode Ink configuration After Upgrade (m2/h) Before Upgrade (m2/h) High Speed VG
4-colour 15.2 17.5 7/8-colour 10.1 11.4 SG 4-colour 7.4 8.2 Standard VG
4-colour 12.8 14.2 7/8-colour 7.6 8.3 SG 4-colour 6.1 6.6 High Quality VG
4-colour 9.6 10.6 7/8-colour 5.7 6.3 SG 4-colour 4.6 5.0
- Previous data settings in VersaWorks will need to be updated to meet the requirements of the upgraded VG-640/540 and SG-540/300. The previous settings cannot be used because they do not support TR2 ink.
- Be sure to purchase new TR2 ink (a full ink set), Cleaning Liquid Pouch TR2-CL (1 set), and Manual Cleaning Liquid for TR2 ink (1 bottle) before upgrading*. Unless you have these items readily available, you will not be able to complete the upgrade.
*This Free Upgrade does not include TR2 ink, Cleaning Liquid Pouch TR2-CL, Manual Cleaning Liquid for TR2 ink or the new TU4.
STEP 1Prepare the items required for the upgrade.
STEP 2Perform a printing test and check the condition of print heads.
STEP 3Install the specified firmware and replace the ink.
STEP 4Upgrade the RIP to the latest version of VersaWorks 6.