When you are in the business of printing, there tends to be two common questions you are always asking yourself:
- How can I expand my portfolio and enter new markets to support new sources of revenue?
- What machine will enable me to do this quickly and can easily integrate into my existing daily production workflow?
The answers lie in product personalisation and UV printing.
According to Research Nester, the global UV-LED printer market reached US $278.3 million in 2016 and is forecast to grow to US $550 million by 2024. Due to the flexibility of UV print technology, you can easily print onto hundreds of different items and a huge array of exciting substrates.
You are only limited by your imagination. Print one off items or make a print jig so you can quickly set up and print multiple designs and fulfil multiple orders in no time at all.
Take a look at our infographic below to see some of the popular UV direct print possibilities (click here to download the image):
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE UV PRINT GUIDE
Can I Really Print onto Almost Anything?
Yes, and in fact, the more pertinent question might be: “What can’t I print on?” When you use a Roland DG UV printer, the possibilities are even more exciting as they can print onto paper, PVC, plastic, acrylic, metal, wood, canvas, board, leather, textile, slate, driftwood, bamboo and more*. Plus, by using a primer, you can print on an even broader range of materials including glass and finely glazed ceramics.
UV devices allows you to print on (almost) anything due to:
- The ink being instantly cured by the UV lamp
- The UV inks not etching or biting the substrate, meaning it can go onto delicate material
- The LED UV lamps being cool, so you can print onto heat-sensitive products
Where Can UV Printing Take Your Business?
The most exciting thing about UV printing is its flexibility and the creative potential it offers. The most significant trend is the growing demand for the personalisation and customisation of products and promotional objects. People increasingly want their possessions to be unique, to stand out from the crowd. This is rapidly growing into a huge market, with equally huge possibilities for UV printing.
Request Your FREE UV Printing Guide
UV printing provides such a massive potential for customised applications that it would prove impossible to list them all. The infographic gives you an idea of the possibilities, but to really see where UV printing can take your businesses you should download our free Guide to UV Printing.
With over 40 pages of valuable information, you’ll discover how you can also add varnishing, textures, and 3D effects to make your output even more remarkable, while increasing your profitability.
* Ink adhesion may vary according to the exact composition of the material and its surface properties. We strongly recommend you test the substrate before production. Some surfaces may need to be primed before printing.